LYRA (Pvt) Limited is the leading manufacturer of high quality Body Armour (Bulletproof vests and jackets), heavy duty leather Footwear (military and safety) and Personal Protection Equipment & Clothing. LYRA has pioneered the indigenous development of a range of products in Pakistan including, but not limited to, Military Boots, Bulletproof Jackets, Flyer Coveralls, EOD (Bomb Disposal) Suit, Lower Body Protection System, Bomb Suppression Blanket, Bomb Containment Bag, Industrial Clothing and Safety Shoes.
Lyra's ballistic protection range covers ballistic body armour, bomb suppression blankets, letter-bomb containment bags, EOD Suits etc. These products have been indigenously developed and have been successfully tested by local inspection agencies and internationally certified by world renowned ballistic testing institutes. Long experience in this business now enables us to adapt our products to user's needs and ensure very fast and consistent deliveries.
The leather apparel unit is totally export based with the bulk of the production going to Western Europe and USA. Lyra is the world's largest selling brand of leather apparel to the International Duty Free Sector.
Lyra is also involved in under-carriage vehicle armouring and providing mine protection to civilian and military vehicles.
LYRA (Pvt) Limited was established in 1948, and had supplied first order of military boots to Pakistan Army after creation of Pakistan. Since then, LYRA has completed hundreds of contracts with armed forces of Pakistan and has the oldest registration with Directorate General of Defence Procurement.
Over 66 years of tireless progress, LYRA has become a synonym to quality indigenous safety and security products in Pakistan. The company now consists of multiple production units; a footwear-manufacturing unit, garments units and an in-house tannery.
The footwear unit is the market leader in heavy duty footwear [military and industrial] and the main customers are the military and law enforcement agencies in the country and overseas.
Garments unit produces a number of products ranging from Bulletproof Jackets to Flyer Coveralls and personal protection equipment (safety coveralls) to high quality leather apparel.
In-house tannery supplies leather to the shoe and apparel units, and an in-house rubber mixing plant caters to the shoe factory.
- LYRA is the oldest manufacturer of military boots in Pakistan.
- Became first Pakistani company to develop Bulletproof Jackets indigenously and supplied first domestic order to Pakistan Army.
- LYRA is the first domestic company to successfully produce fire retardant Flyer Coveralls as per US military specification MIL-C-83141A in Pakistan.
- We achieved first EC type certification for its Safety Coverall as per EN 531 in Pakistan.
- Bomb Suppression Blanket, Bomb Containment Bag, Ballistic Shield are also indigenously developed for the first time in Pakistan by LYRA (Pvt) Limited.
- LYRA has honor of supplying the most number of ‘Bulletproof Jackets’ by any domestic company to Pakistan Army.
- We are the first company to produce Fashion Bulletproof Jackets, customized tailored bulletproof jackets in leather and wool.
LYRA believes in high quality, innovation and advancement. We seek inspiration from the global trends in safety and security products and want to go hand-in-hand with the world. We have produced a number of indigenously developed products in Pakistan, giving end users customized solutions to their needs. High quality and relatively low prices enable us to export our products to international market. We have good client base in almost all continents.
We regularly participate in international exhibitions of Ballistic, Safety & Security Products. Few of the exhibitions we have been a part of are:
- A + A Fair, Düsseldorf, Germany
- International Defence Exhibition & Conference (IDEX), Abu Dhabi
- Defence & Security Equipment International Exhibition (DSEI) London
- International Defence Industry Fair (IDEF), Istanbul, Turkey
- International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS), Pakistan
- INTERSEC Middle East, Dubai, UAE
- Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD), South Africa
- Rebuild Afghanistan, Kabul
- Rebuild Amman, Jordan
- Fire & Security, Karachi, Pakistan
- Milipol Qatar, Qatar
- DSA, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia